Re: [AD] [LINUX] VGA/ModeX drivers

On 26 Nov 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As Javier said, automatically registering via atexit() is not very nice for
> a library. So if we ask the SVGAlib people to change the lib for us (I
> didn't find anything in the 1.4.3 sources), I think we will have the moral
> obligation to do the same for Allegro, i.e to provide an
> install_allegro_clean() or something like that, which doesn't try to mess up
> the libc with atexit().

It's not so nice, but we have an existing solution: use
`install_allegro' with a dummy function for `atexit'.  We could do as
Javier suggests, i.e. change how `install_allegro' interprets NULL for
atexit parameter.  (At the time I thought we were in a deeper freeze
than we actually are, so I rejected it.)