Re: [AD] This is a call for translators' preparation

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:32:51PM +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> As for browsers, Explorer (5.x I think) seems to support very well utf-8
> pages, so windows users are covered (in the case you don't have the fonts
> installed you will be prompted to download them, which was quite a nice
> surprise). Mozilla seems to work out of the box without problem, as I can
> view here locally the korean version I've been recently sent. Lynx and
> links seem to support correctly whatever encoding you wish, as long as
> you have the correct fonts installed (which I don't).
>
> Frédéric told me Netscape 4.x seems to have problems with utf-8. I
> personally feel tempted to say that's an old an unsupported browser, but
> I guess it still has a big audience (somewhere...). I have not Opera,
> maybe somebody could comment about this browser which seems to be quite
> popular.

Netscape 4.77 is the only thing we have on our workstations, so I always
get *very* annoyed with people telling me to use something different - it just
isn't an option for me.

I checked the testpage you send, btw, and it worked perfectly - at least, it
looked like Korean. Perhaps it makes a difference what OS you're using?
I'm running under Solaris, with Netscape set to use ISO-8859-1 by default.

Evert