Re: [AD] CPU capabilities patch

Eric Botcazou wrote:

Patch commited.

Wait, wait, wait ;-)

We have just broken API compatibility with 3.12: cpu_vendor, cpu_family,
cpu_model, cpu_fpu, cpu_mmx, cpu_3dnow and cpu_cpuid are part of the 3.12
API, even of the 3.0 API (except for cpu_3dnow).

Ans cpu_sse. Yes, we've discussed the issue before I wrote the patch, and concluded that the number of affected programs is minimal. The changes will also be very small. We could perhaps document this - have a list of API changes in betweem 3.x and 4.0, (which will be referenced by just about every doc that comes with Allegro ;) so the user can change his program accordingly.

I think it's not very serious, we can simply add some #define in alinline.h

Well some things, such as writting to those variables, will be a bit tricky.

Otherwise, we can use

#define cpu_mmx (cpu_capabilities & CPU_MMX)

[snip]

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)