Re: [AD] maskmovq 3938 (also flicker)

Robin Burrows wrote:

as this instruct is the only one that needs new binutils, and only works
with SSE, could someone please make it optional (add alternative), I
commented it out of iblit16/32/8.s and the rest of the lib builds with mingw
crt 27/3/2000 and as I don't have SSE it works fine.

If you build the DLL, it may not be fully compatible with other Allegro programs. This is a non-issue with the WIPs (since just about all executables ship with the DLL), but may become a problem when Allegro 4.0 is released.

The SSE code is backed up by the regular assembly code anyway, so if you don't have SSE, then masked_blit() will use the old code.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)