Re: [AD] Five patches

> Then two bigger patches:

I'm not very fond of them for the following reasons:
- I think these UBUFFERS are overkill for the internal library code. The
current mechanism based on uconvert() is relatively light and smart enough
to do nothing if no conversion is needed.
- I don't think they are really needed for the user either: if he wants to
fully use the Unicode capabilities of Allegro, he had better provide native
strings for long strings than convert them on the fly, and uconvert() is
sufficient for small strings.

Well, that's my point of view, if others think differently I'm of course
ready to further discuss the issue :-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx