RE: [AD] Five patches

Title: RE: [AD] Five patches

> I think this UBUFFER stuff can also fit with the 'improvement
> of existing
> features' definition as it is aimed at improving the Unicode
> conversion
> mechanism, that is far from being perfect as you pointed out
> some time ago.

Unicode stuff hardly works anyway, so it's a broken feature, and
I don't think broken features are worth freezing :)
I think I asked this already, but is anyone actually using 16
bit unicode (as opposed to UTF-8) ? Or tried ? Most of the problems
and bugs do not surface when using UTF-8, as, eg, the zero byte
can not happen within a legal string (but as zero terminator).

--
Vincent Penquerc'h