Re: [AD] Dev-C++ installation instructions

Bob <ohannessian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's missing the make & fileutils packages! You'll also need to add the
> special instructions for installing make.

make is included in the newest complete Mingw package. The separate download
doesn't put make.exe in the bin/ subdirectory. As for fileutils... it's only
needed for make uninstall, make clean, make (whatever)clean... so it is not
required, but rather nice to have. i will list it if the archive's directory
structure is ok. (sadly the mingw people does a very bad job with their
package releases)

> Otherwise, it looks good. I haven't tested it at all though, so I'll take
> your word for it. You should mention the fact that other versions of gcc
> should be uninstalled since their utilities may interfere (as in your case
:)

there is no need to uninstall other compilers for that reason. you only need
to be sure that c:\mingw32\bin is first in the path, and it's also probably
a good idea to remove other path entries containing GNU tools. for instance,
i have lots of compilers installed on my computer and uses some batch
scripts to switch between them.

I'll update it and put it in the repository.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net