Re: [AD] bugreport. (the solution)

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't have any crash either (DJGPP and MinGW). The problem I pointed out
> was fixed by Henrik's patch.

I think I have nailed the freeze-problem now! I had this sneeking suspicion
that this might have something to do with my motherboard, since the code
works for everybody else, and the long tedious debugging didn't show any
results.

I have had some really serious problems with my Abit KT7A using a VIA KT133A
chipsett. The southbridge VIA686B on this card have a hard time dealing with
my SB-Live value soundcard. No BIOS firmware upgrades or software driver
upgrades has worked for me. As a result a number of random multimedia
applications freezes on my computer.

To confirm that this was the problem all I had to do was to disable the
SB-Live PCI device from Windows98's Device Manager. The mode selector now
works like a dream.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net