Re: [AD] Proposal for a timetable

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:30:58PM +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
>On 18 Sep 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think we really shouldn't postpone the 4.0 release another time and miss
>> the end-of-year deadline. Therefore, targeting December 10 2001 as the
>> release date (fourth anniversary of Allegro 3.0),
>
>Too good to miss.
Agreed ;-)

>> I propose the following timetable:
>
>I'm all for it.  Although I would have liked to have 42 WIPs :-)
I wouldn't think it would hurt to squeeze in 2 more wips released in
2 consequtive days ;-)

Though I lag a bit behind (I use wip '37) I noticed something which imho is
too important not to mention before we do major releases:

set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT,...)

Ignores the value of gfx_card in allegro.cfg completely.

Is this a known (or maybe even fixed ) issue, or should I have  a closer look.
At the moment 'm rather busy with work, so I don't really have time to get the
newest WIP, but maybe next week...

On a side note:
would it not be a good idea to implement a form of resizability now that allegro
officially acceped the existance of a windowed world (GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED) ;-)
something simple like a function call al_allow_resizing(void (*notify)()), where
notify gets called after the new screen has been set up with the new SCREEN_W/SCREEN_H

the main problems considering the changing of the screen  bitmap have already been solved
in the console-switching code IRRC. Ofcourse you would still have a problem if you make
a copy of the screen pointer in your code, but that's already true in the case of the console
switching code (SWITCH_BACKGROUND).

What you y'all think, is that doable before 4.0?

--
Martijn Versteegh