[AD] Proposal for a timetable

I think we really shouldn't postpone the 4.0 release another time and miss
the end-of-year deadline. Therefore, targeting December 10 2001 as the
release date (fourth anniversary of Allegro 3.0), I propose the following
timetable:

October 10: release of 3.9.39 WIP and feature-freeze for the CVS tree
  Improvements, bugfixes to *existing* features only.
  Documentation changes.

November 10: release of 3.9.40 WIP (aka 4.0 beta) and code-freeze
  Critical bugfixes only.
  Documentation changes.

December 10: release of 4.0

It would apply only to the core library and to the DOS, Windows, Linux/Unix
and BeOS ports. This may seem a little short-timed but the 4.0 release is
not the end of the world and development won't stop with it.

This also mean that we don't have much time anymore in order to implement
new things.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx