Re: [AD] Dev-C++ installation instructions

Bob <ohannessian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There seems to be a lot of people who still can't get Dev-C++ to work
> correctly with Allegro, so I've written up a detailed set of instructions
on
> how to do that. I posted it up on the allegro.cc web-board, and it seems
> be fairly complete.
>
> http://www.allegro.cc/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000083
>
> It would be nice if these instructions were included with Allegro so I
don't
> have to refer people to the above address every time.

last time i tried dev-c++ 4.01 it worked fine without installing any extra
packages besides dx70_mgw.zip.
i see that you recommend downloading the whole dev-c++ distro and most of
the mingw packages, that's a bit silly as you can download either the
complete dev-c++ distro or the dev-c++ gui and the mingw packages.

anyway... the documentation needs an update now. i'll have a look at what
you wrote and include whatever seems neccesary.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net