Re: [AD] Application icon in Windows

> I take it this implies that Allegro first looks for a resource named
> `allegro_icon' and then for one named `IDI_APPLICATION'. However, if it
> doesn't find `allegro_icon', it uses a default Windows icon even if the
> resources for the program specify IDI_APPLICATION. At least, that's what
> happens under MinGW.

That's exactly what was intended.

> I've attached a patch that makes Allegro check the IDI_APPLICATION
> resource for the running program prior to falling back on the Windows
> default.

I disagree to your patch: IDI_APPLICATION is a system icon and overloading
it is just an ugly hack. The right way of loading it is really
LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION), not LoadIcon(user_inst, IDI_APPLICATION)
(see the Platform SDK docs).

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx