Re: [AD] Application icon in Windows

At 20:51 16/09/01 +0200, you wrote:
>> I take it this implies that Allegro first looks for a resource named
>> `allegro_icon' and then for one named `IDI_APPLICATION'. However, if it
>> doesn't find `allegro_icon', it uses a default Windows icon even if the
>> resources for the program specify IDI_APPLICATION. At least, that's what
>> happens under MinGW.
>
>That's exactly what was intended.
>
>> I've attached a patch that makes Allegro check the IDI_APPLICATION
>> resource for the running program prior to falling back on the Windows
>> default.
>
>I disagree to your patch: IDI_APPLICATION is a system icon and overloading
>it is just an ugly hack. The right way of loading it is really
>LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION), not LoadIcon(user_inst, IDI_APPLICATION)
>(see the Platform SDK docs).

Ok, I think we disagree on this point, but if this is the intended
behavior, then I'm not going to argue about it. I just find it irritating
that I have to include the same icon twice: once for setting the window
icon and once for setting the desktop icon.
Still, I'll modify my code to do just that.

Where can I find the platform SDK docs you mentioned?

Evert
--
Evert Glebbeek, Physics student
Faculty of science, University of Amsterdam