Re: [AD] Ok, so let's release that beast of new Allegro web page

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:54:54PM +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> This "launch" thing would mean replacing the actual sourceforge web page
> at http://alleg.sourceforge.net/. Pages within the allegro subdirectory
> will be replaced with simple "hey we moved" pages indicating that from
> now on the real web page is at the root directory of the server.

Ok, the change is done, now don't look back :)

This is a somewhat unprecise log of what I did:
-------
dom sep 16 16:14:20 UTC 2001
Ok, so I begin doing a backup of the allegro web page. Now every old file
is at alleg.sourceforge.net/backup/.

dom sep 16 16:25:12 UTC 2001
The backup has been verified, and its permissions have been set to group
alleg read/write. Now I proceed with the generation of the new web at the
root directory.

dom sep 16 16:45:12 UTC 2001
Generation of all pages gone without problems. Now I am checking all
the binary links.

dom sep 16 17:19:18 UTC 2001
All binary links seem to be ok, but lots of files have been left out
because they simply don't exist on the html code.

dom sep 16 17:25:44 UTC 2001
Substitution of old .html files with "our new url is..."

dom sep 16 17:39:05 UTC 2001
Ok, everything looks good. I will check later the html 4.0 things.
-------

Now, there are some things which still have to be dealt with. There are
a few remaining binary files in the allegro directory:

./wipdll/lg_allegro_logo.gif
./wipdll/index.txt
./wipdll/wind_30.exe
./wipdll/wind_31.exe
./wipdll/wind_32.exe
./makgrd12.zip
./midia.zip
./propat.zip
./vdrv.zip
./files/brfont.zip
./files/gif.zip
./files/almp3.zip
./snapshots/allegro_20010810.zip
./snapshots/allegro_20010903.zip
./snapshots/allegro_20010910.zip
./snapshots/allegro_20010821.zip
./snapshots/allegro_20010827.zip

IMHO the wipdll files could be scratched, as nobody seems to be
maintaining them and the basic _bin.zip file is provided. The
snapshots... well... I don't like them very much anyway because from
time to time they should be cleaned up. It could be arranged that the
new web page links them through a cron job. However, Stephan seems to
have been doing this since ages at http://srnet.cz/~stepan/allegro/.

For the rest of the files, I guess they are remanants of a previous
sunsite to sourceforge web upload, but I will try to check their links
at allegro.cc.

I will notify now the main allegro list and allegro.cc.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org