Re: [AD] Color convertors

> How come the register permutation gave such a slow down? step2 should have
> been better than step 1 due to smaller code, or at worst, it should give
> the same numbers (within a reasonable range).

I think the changes are so small that they are within the error margin. I
ran the tests exactly in the same conditions but only once (a little time
consuming...).

> Same for step2->step3, step 3 should be faster (one less instruction!).
> The numbers are within the 1% margin of error though. The same can
> be said about step 4, which has less isntructions (no more stalling nops,
> smaller code).

Nops are not always stalling, but I don't know the internals of the K6-2.

> And finally, step 5 is the one -least- likely to have any bearing on
>speed, yet it shows to be faster than all the rest. I'm at a loss to
> explain it :/

I think none of your changes makes a big difference on the K6-3

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx