Re: [AD] 2 errors encountered in current CVS

Peter Wang wrote:
> Hmm, maybe "static inline" would have been better.

There's another issue that I stumbled on when compiling for watcom
(version 10.6). It seems that gcc is smart enough to remove the unused
static clear() function _and_ the dependency to clear_bitmap(), but
watcom isn't. So on watcom (and maybe other platforms?) you need to link
with Allegro if you #include <allegro.h>, even if you don't use any
Allegro function on your own. And on these platforms loads of graphics
routines will be linked into the executable even in programs that don't
use graphics.

Maybe this is not a terrible flaw because it hardly affects anyone
(unless they use Allegro _only_ for the purpose of the inline math
functions so that they don't need to link with Allegro), but it
prevented asmdef from compiling. Do we need a second thought on how to
implement clear(), or should we just compile asmdef with
-DALLEGRO_NO_BITMAP_ALIAS? (This might be a good thing to do for all
source files, btw.)

Sven