Re: [AD] 2 errors encountered in current CVS

On 10 Sep 2001, Sven Sandberg <svsa1977@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>               So on watcom (and maybe other platforms?) you need to link
> with Allegro if you #include <allegro.h>, even if you don't use any
> Allegro function on your own. And on these platforms loads of graphics
> routines will be linked into the executable even in programs that don't
> use graphics.
>
> Maybe this is not a terrible flaw because it hardly affects anyone
> (unless they use Allegro _only_ for the purpose of the inline math
> functions so that they don't need to link with Allegro),

I'm definitely not worried about this :-)

> but it
> prevented asmdef from compiling. Do we need a second thought on how to
> implement clear(), or should we just compile asmdef with
> -DALLEGRO_NO_BITMAP_ALIAS? (This might be a good thing to do for all
> source files, btw.)

I think we've gone through just about every possibility for clear().
At this stage (WIP ramping period), I think we should just put in
-DALLEGRO_NO_BITMAP_ALIAS for everything.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
CHEEDLE (CHEE dul), n.  The residue left on one's fingertips after