Re: [AD] More Allegro DOS problems...

I can not seem to reproduce the problem in a modified exkeys.c, modified to
use my callback (which sets up a char key_released[KEY_MAX] block to detect
when previously pressed keys have been released).

In the program with the problem, however, I stripped all C++ objects with
constructors out of my program, and put the following lines:
allegro_init();
install_keyboard();
while ((readkey & 0xFF) != 27);
as the first lines of main() (the callback is NOT even being used), and it
consistently crashes before escape is pressed. though the time before it
crashes is not consistent. When it does crash, it brings down the DOS box,
with Windows giving the following message:

The program encountered a general protection exception.
Fault location: 0028: C0002B0C
Faulting component: VMM(01) + 00001B0C
Interrupts in service: None

This is the message it brings up upon crashing, consistently, every time.

It's not a system-specific issue, as it has occured on every other machine
that has tried to use it.
I'm using gcc version 2.95.3 20010315/djgpp (release), tried both -c -O6
-march=i486 -mpentium -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fomit-frame-pointer, which
are my usual build settings, and -c alone, on both the modified exkeys (which
has no problem) and the stripped version of my program (which has the
problem).

Short of the size of the program, nothing else is being called, and I can't
determine the cause... any ideas, anyone?

Charles Bilyue'