Re: [AD] Application icon in Windows

> Quoting Eric Botcazou,
> >
> > > I just find it irritating that I have to include the same icon twice:
once
> > > for setting the window icon and once for setting the desktop icon.
> >
> > !?? ;-)
> > Why do you need to include twice the same icon ?
>
> I include it once as IDI_APPLICATION so that Windows will display it as a
> desktop icon and again as allegro_icon so that Allegro sets it as the menu
> and taskbar icon.
> To me, it would be logical if an IDI_APPLICATION provided by the program
> overrides the default specified by Windows. Still, who ever claimed
anything
> about Windows was logical? ;-)

It is not. IDI_APPLICATION is NOT a name that microsoft has given you to
use for your application icon, but an internal window icon handle that
stores the
typical "windows" icon. Of course you can use it that way, but it is not its
purpose

Btw, are you sure that if your don't include IDI_APPLICATION icon,
"allegro_icon" doesn't became the application desktop icon? ;)