Re: [AD] Color convertors

[I missed this part in your previous message]

> Is the overlay used by default? If not, we can put a note in the docs. If
> it is, then I guess we'll have to go the way of other DirectX program...

No, the overlay driver is no longer the first autodetected windowed driver.

> Oh, and Allegro doesn't crash on Win2k when switching resolutions, it just
> displays a black screen and accepts no input. You can still click on the
> [x] to shut it down.

On Win95 OSR2 too.

[latest message]

> Going with 8 byte alignment will benefit the MMX code, since memory
> read/writes won't need to be split in 2 by the memory controler.

I can make so that the window is aligned on a 8-byte boundary. But, on
24-bit desktops, this means 8-pixel alignment so the window may jump a
little when the user drops it...

> I don't know how this affects non-686s, but on the 686 the cost is twice
> that of reading on aligned boundaries (since the memory controlers does
> 2 reads then combines the result). Athlons seem to be immune to unligned
> memory accesses though.

The Athlon rocks :-)

---
Eric Botcazou