Re: [AD] Color convertors

> The OS passes a new list of clipping rectangles every time a new one is
> needed, i.e. when the window is moved, or when another window overlaps
> with it changing its visible portions.

Ok, BeOS has got more capabilities here than Windows.

> I see, but though not necessary, removing that 4-bytes alignment limit
> would be nice, don't you think? =)

(4-pixel alignment actually) Yes if it doesn't cut too much into the
performance of the convertors.

> As already said, supporting desktop depth changes on the fly would be nice
> on every OS, not only BeOS. Terminating the program on the change doesn't
> look like an elegant solution anyways, so if it could be implemented in a
> more friendly way, it should be done IMO...

I agree, but this will need revamping the windowed and the GDI drivers.
Moreover, this is not doable for the overlay driver because it hasn't got
any backbuffer.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx