Re: [AD] mode list update and implementation for vga, modex and xtended gfx drivers.

>On Tuesday 14 August 2001 22:56, Henrik Stokseth wrote:
>
>> i saw angelo mottola implemented fetch_mode_list() on the beos fullscreen
>> driver. that's nice. i've updated it and made sure the list is properly
>> terminated by an { 0, 0, 0 } entry. please look over it.

Wops! Thanks, I missed it...

>btw! angelo, does this modelist cover *all* *valid* modes on this driver? i
>just want to know... and is there a syscall for enumerating the modes
instead
>of defining them?

The BeOS fullscreen driver uses the so called "Game Kit", which is a serie of
classes that are used for game programming (gfx and sound mainly). Using this
method you are allowed to set a mode among a list of modes that *the OS*
supports... It may happen that your card doesn't support a specific mode, but
using the game kit you're not allowed to know it before setting the mode. I
may use another non-gamekit method that enumerates the modes, but I'm not
sure if this would return the same list or a more correct one... I'll try!

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx