Re: [AD] I've made a modification to the set_gfx_mode function

On 28 Jul 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This brings up something about `uconvert''s static buffer.  I think
> > we shouldn't use it, as hidden side effects like these are a pain to
> > debug for the user.  There's a warning in the `uconvert' docs, but...
>
> What do you propose ? To get rid of the internal buffer ?

To reserve the internal buffer for the user's use only.  Allegro
library functions would have their own buffers.

> The internal buffer is used throughout the library for very short strings
> (period, comma, semi-colon and so on).

Yes, hidden side effects.  If Allegro functions were guaranteed not
to destroy the internal buffer, I think `uconvert' would be a lot
more convenient (for the user).