Re: [AD] I've made a modification to the set_gfx_mode function

Quoting Henrik Stokseth,
> > I think Evert's point of view is rather sensible: each GFX_AUTODETECT*
> mode
> > is meant to have its own gfx_card entry. Since the default modes are
> > (generally) fullscreen in Allegro, GFX_AUTODETECT and
> > GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN can share the same entry, but we need one for
> > GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED.
>
> I think so too. I'll put this one in the repository.

Thanks! I mainly made this change because I have problems with the graphics
driver Allegro selects by default when I try running my game in windowed mode.

> > Does anyone have thoughts on this, either way?  The only problem I
> > have with it is that it makes `set_gfx_mode' even more convoluted
> > (that monster becomes 334 lines).
>
> Well, it IS mentioned in the todo list that it needs a rewrite. Be my guest,
> put it on a diet. :)

My own patch effecively duplicates the already existing code for parsing the
gfx_mode variable, so I think it might be sensible to move it over to a seperate
function (I'd be willing to do that, btw).

Regards,

Evert