RE: [AD] dos close button support.

> I have to agree here that it is unnecessary to implement the hook.  If you
> want a Windows-aware version of the game, compile it for Windows.
>  Allegro's
> cross-platform support is good enough that we should only be doing DOS
> versions for those people using pure DOS, no Windows; it would not be the
> best use of effort to make a game run that cleanly in a DOS box
> in Windows,
> when clearly a Windows version should be run in Windows.

I have to disagree here. I still prefer to get DOS executables where I can;
crashes are less harmful to my system. DirectX has a strong tendency to
leave my programs thinking the screen is smaller than it really is, for
example.

Don't worry, though; I'm not trying to argue the case for implementing the
close hook in DOS; I'm just flaming Microsoft.

Let's drop the discussion about the meaning of the word 'unnecessary' now,
shall we? :-)

OK, so it's agreed that we're not implementing the close hook in DOS. I
never contested that. However, I fail to believe people are so against
changing the docs to avoid the type of discussion that *has* just
happened...

Ben Davis