Re: RE: [AD] src/gui.c hotkey and hidden widgets patch

> > Actually, 'hidden' could be better described as 'inactive' or
> > 'asleep' or 'hibernating'.  Using the word hidden probably has
> > some historical meaning from the (is it amiga or atari?) gui that
> > the allegro gui was patterned after.
>
> OK, you have me convinced: I had a look at the docs and D_HIDDEN
> is described as being inactive as well as hidden. So it's not a
> bug, it's a feature :)
> Forget my patch then...

Historically, only D_HIDDEN was available, so it was at one time the only
way to disable a control;  D_DISABLED wasn't added until version 2.2.  This
explains why the controls behave the way they do.

Now that I've listened to what you say, I agree that this is odd and perhaps
broken, but how can it be fixed in the cleanest possible way without
breaking backward compatibility?  For myself, I am going to start setting
objects in my code to both D_HIDDEN and D_DISABLED, so it is clear that is
my intent....

--Chris