RE: RE: [AD] src/gui.c hotkey and hidden widgets patch

> Historically, only D_HIDDEN was available, so it was at one time the only
> way to disable a control;  D_DISABLED wasn't added until version
> 2.2.  This
> explains why the controls behave the way they do.

This explains all nicely. I didn't know that, I came in at version 3.0 :)

> Now that I've listened to what you say, I agree that this is odd
> and perhaps
> broken, but how can it be fixed in the cleanest possible way without
> breaking backward compatibility?  For myself, I am going to start setting

rm src/gui.c src/guiproc.c
mkdir src/gui
vi src/gui/guimngr.c

:)

Peter, have you mentionned a project for allowing more in depth
GUI stuff ?

> objects in my code to both D_HIDDEN and D_DISABLED, so it is clear that is
> my intent....

Yup. I got bitten so many times by this GUI code while doing my own
layer on top of it ...

--
Lyrian