RE: [AD] src/gui.c hotkey and hidden widgets patch

Title: RE: [AD] src/gui.c hotkey and hidden widgets patch

Vincent Penquerc'h writes:
> I think your reasonning is based on actual uses of those, and
> not on an analysis of what can flags do to an object when used
> together. Having the D_HIDDEN flag disable the object when you
> have a D_DISABLED flag just feels wrong to me, no matter if other
> toolkits do it.

But I think there's a lot to be said for following existing conventions,
even if they don't make total sense to you, on the grounds that a majority
of programmers will be expecting that behaviour. Even if they haven't used
other GUI systems before, getting used to that behaviour will make life
easier for them some day in the future when they find themselves using
Windows or GTK or QT or whatever. For me, being predictable counts for a
lot, unless you have really strong reasons to do something differently (ie.
there's just no way you can get the desired behaviour without breaking the
convention, which isn't the case here).

        Shawn.