Re: [AD] MIDIs played too slow in 3.9.36

> MIDIs are played correctly after I did this.

Ok, that's another face of the underlying problem that has plagued the
library since the very beginning under Win2k: the multi-threaded timer
driver (and now I remember a related remark Matthew Leverton made about that
some months ago).

It turns out that the MIDI player uses the same mechanism that the keyboard
driver had been using before I modified it: quickly installing and removing
a timer. That's ok under DOS, but can prove a little hazardous on other
OSes, especially under Win2k if each timer allocates its own thread.

I propose to modify the MIDI player the way I modified the keyboard driver:
letting the timer enter an idle state instead of removing/reinstalling it.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx