Re: [AD] DGA2 module

On 27 Jun 2001, Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I had to add a new driver list function which adds a driver to the
> >front of a driver list.  Otherwise the normal X11 windowed driver
> >would be autodetected ahead of the DGA2 driver.  Maybe there is a
> >better way?
>
> Can you add an integer to each driver structure, specifying its
> priority?

Possible, but..

> That lets people write their own drivers which can be
> preferred over any of the existing ones.

.. that's already possible using the function I mentioned.  The
advantage of your idea is that drivers could slot into the _middle_
of lists, but I think it's somewhat messy and not worth it.

Hmm, the best thing would be to make every single driver a module.
Then the priorities would be determined completely by the ordering
in modules.lst.  Probably not going to happen though.

Or, we could have a text file that lists the priorities.  Oh wait,
we already have gfx_card1, gfx_card2 ... :-)

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
NEGLINTICS (ne GLIN tiks), n.  The study of why dark lint attaches itself