Re: [AD] dynamically loaded modules for Unix

On 22 Jun 2001, Henrik Stokseth <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vincent Penquerc'h <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just one cosmetic thing: since names are long already, why not call the
> > modules allegro-MODULE* instead of alleg-MODULE* ?
>
> actually peter had a good reason for that. since there are three builds for
> each platform (optimized, debug and profiling) one should use alleg, alld or
> allp as the prefix and not just allegro.

That was the original plan, but I was concerned that there would be
three sets of everything, including module.lst files.  I decided to
scrap it with the reasoning that you can always build static or
non-modular versions for debugging and profiling.  The modules are
mainly there for binary compatibility, which of course only really
concerns the optimised build.  But if wanted, I can make each build
have its own set of modules.

[BTW, I thought pack_fgets returned ASCII strings for some reason,
so part of umodules.c is wrong.]

--
GLANTICS (GLAN tiks), n.  Two people, who, while making out, open their
eyes at the same time to see if the other is looking.