Re: [AD] mouse bug

> I guess mouse drivers are written by humans, so it is possible that
> some driver returns mickeys in accelerated form, and there might be
> people who are used to use mouse without acceleration, they will be
> uncomfortable with accelerated mouse.

IMHO acceleration is the only way for mouse drivers to properly scale from
low to high resolutions and has always been a built-in feature of mouse
drivers.

I've just checked that my old (1994) DOS mouse driver is accelerated: in
1024x768 the distance I need to slowly move the mouse by in order to make
the cursor go across the entire screen is roughly double of that I need if
I move it quickly.

> Adding option to disable mouse acceleration can be a good thing.

But non portable because on every platform except Windows (even DOS !) the
Allegro mouse driver works on top of a low-level driver that has some sort
of acceleration.
That's why the Windows port was the only one to be affected by the 'mouse
moves too slow' bug.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx