Re: [AD] config routines bug

> How would you suggest fixing this though? I can imagine it's not
> desirable to search for a setting through all sections, no matter what
> the section header is. What if two sections contain an identical
> keyword?

Yes, that's obviously a problem. Personally, I would be for a more
'strongly-typed' config file: every entry must belong to a section.
The sections would be: system, graphics, keyboard, mouse, sound, joystick,
timer (I'm going to add an option to disable the multi-threaded timer under
Windows) and grabber, plus custom ones (fb_mode_XxY already exists).

> I think if you want a setting specific for a certain section [sound]
> you need to always specify the section.

I agree. But the current code passes NULL for the system, graphics, keyboard
and mouse drivers !

> That leaves global settings as a problem. I see only 2 options to make
> sure a setting is 'global':

I don't see any reason for using such global settings.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx