Re: [AD] About Elias' bug

> The best solution would be of course to write asm code by hand, but
I'm a
> little fed up writing asm color conversion code :-)
> I'll try instead to gradually change the current C code.

I think I can't help anymore here :). It's a really long time since i
last coded in asm. And there is still the same question as in the
beginning, is speed important for color conversion ? (I myself am only
going to use it after loading images from disk, so the slow version
would also do.)

Anyway, if someone else wants to do some timing, I just improved my test
program. It has now an interactive mode, where you can change color
depths/dithering/keep flag to test the correctness and do some timing.
And it now has a console mode where it just does timing, if you start it
like his: 'pink time' ('pink help' shows other options)

http://feud.sourceforge.net/pink.c

As the high speed conversion feature seem likely to be implemented now
:) - maybe the test code can even be added to the Allegro-test program.
But i'm not sure about the usefullnes of that.

Elias Pschernig