Re: [AD] font vtable patch

> Nice solutions. But whatever you do, try to avoid at all costs any nasty
> #ifndef SCAN_EXPORT hacks

Do you definitely not like these pretty little hacks :-) ?
Anyway, if we choose the wrapper mechanism, we will be able to get rid of
them.

> and keep in mind that there must (*) be a clear distinction between normal
> functions and variables and internal functions and variables.

Yes, I think this should be the leading goal.

> *) in order to link allegro without export definition files and get binary
> compatible dlls this is an absolute requirement.

If I have correctly understood your previous messages on the topic, there is
a problem with Mingw32, isn't it ? If we put _AL_DLL in the definition of
AL_FUNC(), then we won't be able to initialize static arrays with function
addresses any longer.
Moreover, did you see that, for MSVC, _AL_DLL expands to white spaces ? So I
don't know if we can get rid of the export definition file for MSVC.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx