Re: [AD] font vtable patch

"Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I have correctly understood your previous messages on the topic, there
is
> a problem with Mingw32, isn't it ? If we put _AL_DLL in the definition of
> AL_FUNC(), then we won't be able to initialize static arrays with function
> addresses any longer.

jup, that goes for external programs that link to the dll. you don't put
_AL_DLL before internal functions so that's not going to be a problem with
your method of hiding internals. i haven't checked if it's the new gcc that
is the problem or if dllwrap behaves the same way. with d_*_proc i just
rename them and put a wrapper with the old name in the header files.

> Moreover, did you see that, for MSVC, _AL_DLL expands to white spaces ? So
> don't know if we can get rid of the export definition file for MSVC.

currently all win32 ports rely on the linker and the export definition files
to tag symbols for export. mingw too.

-henrik