Re: [AD] 3 patches regarding unicode and buffer overfows (mostly)

On 19 May 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That's fine by me.  There should be a note in the docs saying that
> > if people want the same dimensions as the old file selector, they
> > should pass such-and-such values for w and h.
>
> Then we should define two constants in allegro.h for this purpose, because
> they depend upon the platform (having a dir list or not).

That's getting a bit complicated right there.  I suggest we forget
this idea then, until someone complains.

> > The other thing is that Annie's patch makes the selection return
> > non-zero if the path was truncated (and OK'd, obviously).  I'm not
> > sure that's a good thing.
> Why not simply return 0 ?

You're right; the text field will not be able to show filenames
longer than that which the buffer passed is capable of.  So
returning 0 will not result in weird behaviour.  If you can, please
make the changes and commit the patch.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
PORKUS NON GRATIS (POR kus non GRAT is), n.  The scraggly piece of bacon