Re: [AD] WinME

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:39:03PM +0100, Robin Burrows wrote:
> FTSF   posted 04-22-2001 03:28 PM CST (US)
> ----
> in winME you place the enivronment variable in the windows registry. you do
> this by clicking "start" -> "programs" -> "accessories" -> "system tools" ->
> "system information" -> "tools" -> "system configuration utility" ->
> "environment" tab -> then add in each of the new environment variable which
> would normally be in the autoexec.bat
> koston   posted 04-22-2001 03:50 PM CST (US)
> ----
> Yes! Thats how I fixed it. Or you just do start-run->msconfig->environment
>
> Also, you get the command prompt by Start->run->COMMAND

In Win2K, you can right-click on "My Computer", choose
"Properties", and there's an "Environment" tab there.  Maybe
this is a quicker route on WinME too?

> As an aside, why do the examples have #include "allegro.h" instead of
> #include <allegro.h> ? Also there seems to be a lot of DOS comments that
> don't apply to other platforms...

I think as far as the examples are concerned, `allegro.h' isn't
a system header, perhaps because of the need for some developers
to have a stable version installed while they use an unstable
version for testing new changes to the library.  In this case,
the example programs must use the local allegro.h, not the
system allegro.h.  This may be kind of out of date though, since
shared libraries cloud the issue a lot (you have to either
install the test version, or jump through hoops) and in any
case, it doesn't make sense because `-I' would also apply to
<>-included files.

George

--
Random project update: