RE: [AD] WinME

> I think as far as the examples are concerned, `allegro.h' isn't
> a system header, perhaps because of the need for some developers
> to have a stable version installed while they use an unstable
> version for testing new changes to the library.  In this case,
> the example programs must use the local allegro.h, not the
> system allegro.h.  This may be kind of out of date though, since
> shared libraries cloud the issue a lot (you have to either
> install the test version, or jump through hoops) and in any
> case, it doesn't make sense because `-I' would also apply to
> <>-included files.

indeed, examples do link with the system library, so it needs to be
installed for the samples to be installed. not a big deal for me as i
installed it in my $HOME, i just noticed it yesterday trying to implement
the linux set_keyboard_rate call. i think i know why it was not
implemented in the first place, the ioctl returns errno 22 (wrong
parameters) every time ...

--
Lyrian