RE: [AD] win directx Joystick driver

> Since I'm new to this, could someone point me to a FAQ explaining how
> I submit changes? Is there a doc how to add a new driver?
> Finding a solution to add my driver to allegro took as long as writing
> the basic driver... :)

coding guidelines can be found in allegro/docs/ahack._tx
make should generate a file for your taste from that.

to submit diffs, send them to this list. the preferred format is unidiff,
with at least three lines of context: diff -U 3 -N

allegro uses c++ like vtables for its drivers. the basic way to add a new
one is to make a table (eg a JOYSTICK_DRIVER structure),
fill it with NULLs and add pointers to the routines as you write them.

when you specify a given id in install_joystick, it will go through
the drivers to find the one that corresponds (the id field in the table).
to add your table to allegro's known tables, add a entry for it in
_joystick_driver_list.

i think that's it for a starter.

--
Lyrian