Re: [AD] Poor Ming performance

Eric Botcazou wrote:

> > That's because the overhead of making the DirectX call far outweighs the
> > speed improvements. Check the test program for hline() speeds. On my
> > system, software is 12 times faster than hardware.
>
> Not on mine. The hw-accelerated lines are faster than the software ones.
> The problem occurs only with filling hlines.

How can this be? If the hline() h/w is faster than hline() software,
then wouldn't the primitive which depend on it also follow the same
speed pattern? Wild guess here: is the bitmap locked/unlocked only once
per primitive?

> > I beleive this was discussed some time ago on the AD list.
>
> Was any solution then proposed ?

I don't remember. Sorry.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)