Re: [AD] Poor Ming performance

> That's because the overhead of making the DirectX call far outweighs the
> speed improvements. Check the test program for hline() speeds. On my
> system, software is 12 times faster than hardware.

Not on mine. The hw-accelerated lines are faster than the software ones.
The problem occurs only with filling hlines.

> I beleive this was discussed some time ago on the AD list.

Was any solution then proposed ?

I can think of the following one: to add a new method to the gfx driver
(namely hfiller or something like that) that would be called by the
primitives performing filling operations (circlefill, ellipsefill and
triangle).

It would then be up to each driver to connect the method either to the
hw-accelerated version or to the software one, depending on the
hw-accelerated calls overhead.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx