Re: [AD] Bug - makefiles

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 06:44:44PM -0500, Bob wrote:

> I downloaded a fresh copy of Allegro from CVS, about 5 minutes ago, and
> tried to build the MSVC version. There are some tests/win/* warnings dur
> the fact that the directory (And its files don't seem to exist).

Did you do your cvs update with the -d option?  Henrik just
created that subdirectory today...

Also, Eric said that the Mingw32 version was trying to create
obj/mingw32/alleg/win/dibgrab.o -- as a blind guess, that could
be due to broken dependency generation (compile tests/%.c to
obj/mingw32/alleg/%.o, therefore tests/win/%.c =>
obj/mingw32/alleg/win/%.o).  I don't know whether this is any
help, or if you'll come across the same problem or not.

> G:\Microsoft Visual Studio\ALLEGRO>make PENTIUMONLY=1 asmdef
> gcc -W1 -Gd -Ox -GB -MT    src/i386/asmdef.c   -o asmdef
> gcc.exe: unrecognized option `-Gd'
> gcc.exe: unrecognized option `-GB'
> gcc.exe: unrecognized option `-MT'

Yuck, those are MSVC compiler options!