Re: [AD] Proposal for webmaster

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:06:05PM +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> I would like to offer. As webmaster I would understand the job as
> something like "Hey, please update whatever files to reflect these which
> you can get from here and which you should upload somewhere" happening
> from time to time. Also, updating dead links and/or addons as requested by
> people on the mailing lists.

Sounds about right. :)  There's a BeOS package which needs to be
listed on the web site (and uploaded if I haven't done that
already -- it's at least on SourceForge now), and I thought
maybe this could be a good time to rearrange the WIP page a bit,
e.g. putting the downloads into an HTML <dl> list so they get
arranged better, with all the links down the left hand side.

> Having three sites at the moment, I have access to Sunsite (some MiB guys
> told me not to reveal how I managed to get this), meaning that I would
> only need access to Sourceforge, sending periodical updates in form of
> tar.gz to Shawn to update the Demon host. Direct access to Sourceforge is
> also not needed, as I can send updates to George too.

If you let me know that you're going to go ahead with this, tell
me your SourceForge username and I'll add you to the project.
That should get you the access you need, and I'll sort out
sharing the mirroring stuff.

> The only thing left is of course if you all let me do this work, or prefer
> somebody else to do it.

You've got my vote, you're about a million times better at doing
things on time than I am, judging from Vivace. :)  Laurence
Withers, I think, has also mentioned an interest in doing
something with the Allegro web pages in the past -- but I could
be wrong.  I think that was more in relation to the
SourceForge-specific page[s] -- things like listing the services
SourceForge offers and the ways in which we use them.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes