Re: [AD] New BeOS patch + problem with multi-line strings in config

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Peter Wang wrote:

> Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > BTW, in keyboard.dat, orig name of SK_CFG is /home/gfoot/tmp/sk.cfg, which
> > makes it hard to extract with dat utility. Some option should be added to
> > the dat utility to save objects to only file name portion of theirs orig
> > name (strip leading directories from orig name).
>
> http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/strip.diff
>
> It's a hack I wrote at ~3 AM, so I won't commit it.

Seems OK to me (but I did not test it). But shifting -s options is not
backward compatible. What about adding new option. I dig into some
archivers and theirs options are here:

	unzip		-j as junk paths
	unarj		e as extract archive, x as extract with pathnames

I like unarj's way, but dat has -e option which extracts with pathnames,
which is the opposite of unarj. Damn! What about -j?

> As for the expanded `keyboard.dat' and `language.dat' files, it's a
> great idea.  If more people agree I'll put it in CVS.  Then should
> `keyboard.dat' and `language.dat' be removed from CVS?

If so, new targets should be inserted into makefile to create them on
make. Something like dats or datafiles target which is executed after
programs target.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh