Re: [AD] [DX_WIN] extrange movement?

I think we should have preference for a "well behaved" driver rather
than a fast driver (If you want speed, you always have the fullscreen
mode). Moving window has always be a nightmare, I never got rid of it.
Perhaps, a solution would be to switch off the updating code while
windows is being moved? The problem is if the user start moving window
in the middle of an update. If there isn't other solution, then we will
have to use an "always clipping" solution.

BTW, there isn't any problem with the matching mode, isn't it?

> When you're talking about problems with the windowed driver,
> please say
> whether you use it in 'matching' mode (same color depth as the Windows
> desktop) or not: the two modes don't behave the same way.
>
> The color conversion mechanism is somewhat unsafe (bypassing the
> normalWindows clipping) in normal operating mode, and switches
> into proper
> clipping mode when the window is moved.
>
> This works nicely with the demo game and makes it faster;
> unfortunately, it
> seems that under heavy load the mechanism is unable to catch the
> movingevent quick enough and switches into clipping mode with a delay.
>
> This is a speed/nice looking trade-off; I tested the 'always
> clipping' way
> some time ago and I found a performance drop in the demo game of
> about 18 %
> (from what I remember).
>
> What to do ? (Isaac ?)
>
> --