Re: [AD] [DX_WIN] extrange movement?

> I've noticed that sometimes when i move the window some part of the
> graphics corrupt and they arent shown again normally after i pass the
> mouse cursor over the them (it looks like the mouse does vertical retrace
> over the y lines it passes)
> It happens with at least the gui also i've noticed that when i move the
> "idle example" out of the screen (for example, left middle window out of
> the desktop and right middle in) the box then "changes" and is not a box

When you're talking about problems with the windowed driver, please say
whether you use it in 'matching' mode (same color depth as the Windows
desktop) or not: the two modes don't behave the same way.

The color conversion mechanism is somewhat unsafe (bypassing the normal
Windows clipping) in normal operating mode, and switches into proper
clipping mode when the window is moved.

This works nicely with the demo game and makes it faster; unfortunately, it
seems that under heavy load the mechanism is unable to catch the moving
event quick enough and switches into clipping mode with a delay.

This is a speed/nice looking trade-off; I tested the 'always clipping' way
some time ago and I found a performance drop in the demo game of about 18 %
(from what I remember).

What to do ? (Isaac ?)

--
Eric Botcazou