Re: [AD] [DX_WIN] extrange movement?

> I think we should have preference for a "well behaved" driver rather
> than a fast driver (If you want speed, you always have the fullscreen
> mode). Moving window has always be a nightmare, I never got rid of it.

I would agree with that.

> Perhaps, a solution would be to switch off the updating code while
> windows is being moved? The problem is if the user start moving window
> in the middle of an update.

Yes. As the events handling loop works in an asynchronous way, under certain
circumstances the moving event isn't caught quickly enough. Once we have got
it, there's no problem any longer.

> If there isn't other solution, then we will
> have to use an "always clipping" solution.

I don't see any other one. However, the clipping method I tested uses only
DirectX calls, maybe can we use some GDI calls to get the visible region and
do the clipping ourselves. I'm looking for something like that.

> BTW, there isn't any problem with the matching mode, isn't it?

Afaik, none.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx