Re: [AD] changes to asm files | & blitter optimization

> Sorry, I'm not following this too well (too much is happening at once at the
>  moment).  Does adding the '*' break with newer versions of gas?  Or with
>  older ones?

Adding the '*' doesn't break older or newer versions of gas... leaving it out
breaks newer versions, however, so the older versions were less strict,
allowing for less consistent code.

-----------

Now for an update on the blitters.

Went in to just work out the segment registers bit, and now I'm optimizing
them, but I guess all's well. When they're done, how should I submit updates?
I don't have much experience with diffs, figure it's better to ask first...
or should I have already caught this somewhere, and should know the answer ;x

I completed blit.inc and iblit8.s last night, working on iblit16.s now. Going
to get some more files done, and will send the changes out when I get the
submission method cleared up.

Also... I notice some of the 8-bit blitters use the 'cld' instruction, the
same 16-bit blitters have few differences but don't use it... isn't the
direction flag supposed to always be clear on entry?