[AD] WIP 3.9.34 ISSUES

I hope this is pertinent stuff I'm posting, as I am unable to post to AL for
some reason. Anyway, here goes. I've been using Allegro 3.9.34 (with mingw32
and DJGPP) quite a lot since it's been released, and I have discovered the
following issues:

1) set_volume(): Doesn't appear to work (doesn't change volume) for digital
samples, under Windows. It works just fine using DJGPP. MIDI volume is also
adjusted find under both DOS and Windows.

2) GFX_DIRECTX_WIN: If I drag the window quickly, it leaves artifacts on the
screen or in the window's borders and title bar. With frantic dragging ;) I
have caused the application to apparently crash (apparently, because once it
happens I hear a Windows alert, and the desktop no longer updates... I can
only hear the sounds of windows minimizing if I click on them in the task
bar)... usually there is a line of coloured pixels going from the left edge
of the screen to somewhere in my window. Even if my program crashed because
of some extreme frame-rate drop (which it doesn't), I wouldn't expect it to
bail this badly. I saw in the AD list a patch posted that looked like it was
for this, but apparently 3.9.34 doesn't benefit from it.

3)Fullscreen (GFX_DIRECTX?): ALT-TABing out of my application will sometimes
cause artifacts to be left on my Windows desktop (miniature, badly coloured
versions of my mountain graphics in one case ;) ). I understand that TABing
back in can cause problems because of graphics memory not being properly
restored, but I didn't think it went the other way.

Hopefully I have found some original issues here, and not overlooked
anything patched or updated recently since the release.

Otherwise, slick work guys! :) Having fun playing my game in windowed mode
(been using 3.12 up to this point).

Thanks,

P. Pridham